Like a little child...
Like a little child...
Luke 18;15-17
My emphasis is however on verse 17. "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it"
From the above verse we can see that Jesus is saying if you want to enter into kingdom of God and as well enjoy the Kingdom of God while on earth, you must receive him and the entirety of his kingdom like a little child.
Now how does a little child receive something from his/her parent? Little children especially those within the age ranges of 0-3 years accept, believe, and swallow whatever their parents say hook, line and sinker. Many of us reading this have kids or even siblings around the above age range and can relate to what am saying here. You can tell a little child something very foolish and they will accept it and even engage you in a conversation on the same thing.
For instance, I remember when I was little, my dad use to say that I should be very careful when sucking oranges because if I swallow an orange seed, it will grow into a tree in my stomach. I took it so seriously that I would wail anytime I mistakenly swallowed an orange seed, Lmao. This continued up until I realised that the trees don't grow but that didn't stop me from telling my small siblings same thing.
Why did I believe and accept whatever I heard from my parents? Its simply because I trust them and I looked up to them(still do). I saw them as my defendant, protector, people who would never mislead me and wanted the best for me no matter what. As such accepting whatever they said to me was automatic because invariably they knew best.
Guys this is the kind of trust God wants to us to have when relating with him and the things of his kingdom. According to the scripture we read, he wants us to accept, swallow, and obey whatever he tells us to do, whatever he promised us in his word(bible). This is the only way we can enjoy Gods kingdom.
It's high time we stop using our supposed "adult sense" to criticize, analyse, dissect, and reevaluate Gods word and his kingdom. If he has said it in his word; believe it. If he has given you an instruction; do it. If he tells you to stop doing something you do; stop it. This is easier said than done and to believe some of the things you see in his word may seem like foolishness to you, but trust me, believe him like a little child is your best bet. Otherwise you may miss out on what he has prepared for you.
Let's all come to that point where we can completely agree, accept, obey, believe and swallow Gods word, just the same way a little child accepts the word of his parents.
God help us in Jesus name.
©Favour Pearly

Comments
Post a Comment